Globalsound Studio has been carefully following recommendations from the state and federal government to help halt the spread of COVID-19. The safety of our students and staff is most important to us. We are continuing to monitor the situation and adjust our policies as recommendations are updated.
Our large and unique studio space offers us many possibilities to teach private lessons and rock bands in accordance with strict social distancing guidelines. We have made significant renovations to our studio space in order to safely teach in-person lessons. This includes the following:
- Touchless handwashing station installed in the common area.
- Hands-free door openers on all classrooms
- Distance markers on the studio floors
- Classroom remodels to ensure 6 feet of separation between teachers and students
- Plexiglass partitions at our front reception desk and in classrooms
- Air filters in each classroom
In addition, the following policies must be observed:
- Mandatory hand-washing for all students and staff before entering the building
- Temperature checks required upon entering the building for all students and staff
- Teachers, students, and staff required to maintain appropriate social distancing during interactions
- Teachers and students required to wear masks during lessons and camps
- Parents must drop off and pick up students outside the building
- Students feeling ill are not permitted to enter the building.
We have adjusted our Rock Band and Summer Camp curriculum to incorporate these policies. Our student performances are now held on our outdoor stage. Our drive-up concerts allow our students the chance to have fun performing while still maintaining social distancing.
Thank you to all of our parents and families for your continued support. We are so thrilled to be able to keep our musical community learning and growing during this time. The safety of our students, families, and staff is our highest priority and your feedback is greatly valued. Please feel free to contact us with any comments or questions you may have about our policies and programs.
-The Globalsound Family