Globalsound Studio has been carefully following the state and county guidelines issued to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As a private music school, Globalsound Studio falls into the category of business which may begin to reopen in May under the current Broomfield County guidelines.
After much consideration, our current goal is to reopen Globalsound Studio’s physical location to the public during the first week of June. This timeline is tentative and may change due to official recommendations. Resuming in-person lessons is optional; students will always have the choice to continue lessons remotely. We strongly encourage our students and families to choose whichever method of learning is best for them.
Our large and unique studio space offers us many possibilities to teach private lessons in accordance with even the strictest social distancing guidelines. In order to safely teach in-person lessons when the time is appropriate, we are undergoing a deep cleaning of the studio space. This includes shampooing all carpeted areas and sanitizing our classrooms, studio equipment, waiting area, and recording studio. We are also making the following renovations:
- Touchless handwashing station installed in the common area.
- Hands-free door openers on all classrooms
- Distance markers on the studio floors
- Classroom remodels to ensure 6 feet of separation between teachers and students
In addition, the following policies must be observed:
- Mandatory hand-washing for all students and staff before entering the building
- Teachers and students will be required to maintain at least 6 ft of distance at all times
- Teachers and students will be required to wear masks at all times (with the exception of singers. A special plan will be discussed during lessons).
- Parents will drop off and pick up students outside the building
- Students feeling ill are not permitted to enter the building.
The safety of our students and staff is of utmost concern. Social distancing measures continue to evolve and we feel that implementing a more gradual reopening will help ensure the health of our Globalsound family. Globalsound Studio has successfully transitioned to 100% remote lessons over the last seven weeks. As of this writing we’ve taught well over 2,000 virtual lessons to our hundreds of students! In addition, our 11 combined Advanced Bands and 6 Week Session Bands have all continued to practice remotely.
We want to thank all of our students, families, teachers, and staff for your continued support. Your feedback regarding our current reopening timeline and safety measures is greatly encouraged. Please keep in mind that dates and policies are subject to change based on official recommendations.
The Globalsound Family